Friday, May 12, 2006

xrefer

xrefer - or maybe it's xreferplus - kindly send me a quiz every Friday, which usually makes me think, 'Cripes! Friday again! How did that happen?' I like the xrefer quizzes because they're pretty easy, but they usually have a couple of questions that I don't know. However, today's quiz proved to be enjoyable for a different reason (I knew them all in a flash because of my secret past as a mathematician).

1. What is the normal word for one half of a circle?

2. Which word is used to describe a triangle that has all its sides of equal length?

3. How many sides does a quadrilateral have?

4. A rectangle is the same as an oblong: true or false?

5. What is the word to describe a triangle that has two sides of the same length?

6. How many sides does a pentagon have?

7. What is the two-letter word for the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter? Its value is about 3.14.

8. How many sides does a dodecagon have - six, eight or twelve?

9. What is a wet nurse?

10. How many sides does a rhombus have?

No comments: