Monday, September 04, 2006

Moose | Jenny Colon

Lunchtime. Again, blogger denies me as I endeavour to share a photograph with my dear readers. It was to be a moose. Another time, another time. Until then, maybe this will keep us going.

This deserves a separate entry, really, but what the hay. I discovered this morning that Gerard de Nerval's Adrienne - you remember, the one of whom his hopes proved false, or something like that - is a composite figure. One of the people she's composed of was called Jenny Colon, an actrice from the Varietes. I'm not sure what kind of relationship they had. She died in 1848. I really like her name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there is a baseball pitcher called bartolo colon, and also one called albert pujols (pronounced poo-holes), and one called edgar renteria (rent-a-rear). they are all star players. so bite that fanny-man.